April 18, 2011

Hip Hop vs. Miami Horror


After listening through XV's latest Zero Heroes mixtape, I found myself playing the song Foreign Exchange Student over and over again. Featured on this song was the electro-pop group from Australia known as Miami Horror- whom I had never heard of before (I'm not really into the electronic scene). The track didn't really seem like something XV would usually do, so I did some research on the group and was able to find the original version of the song. While searching through some of their discography on Grooveshark, I also heard quite a few of their other songs that sounded very familiar to me and noticed immediately where I had heard them before. Well, XV isn't the only artist to recently work his own song onto a Miami Horror track. What great way to reach out to different fan groups. I love finding things like this by mistake. Hit the jump to check out some of their other songs that were transformed by hip hop acts. 


Miami Horror - Holidays

XV - Foreign Exchange Student





Miami Horror - Sometimes

Mike Posner - You Don't Have To Leave





Miami Horror - Illumination

Laws - Illumination

No comments:

Post a Comment